Service Name: Social Security Services
Organization Name: UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT- SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION (SSA)
- Description: During Coronavirus response period, still offering services. Offices are closed, please visit website or call.
Administers Retirement, Survivors, Disability Insurance, Medicare, Title II, XVI and XVIII monies and Supplemental Security Income. Issues Social Security numbers and insures employer cooperation with various laws and regulations of programs by investigating, mediating and taking legal action when necessary.
SOCIAL SECURITY provides continuing income to workers and their families in the case of retirement, disability or death. Social Security benefits are based on the worker's wages and may be paid to the worker or the worker's dependents or survivors.
MEDICARE is a federal health insurance program consisting of two segments: Part A hospital insurance which helps pay for inpatient hospital care and certain follow-up care upon departure, and Part B medical insurance which helps pay for doctor's care and related services.
SUPPLEMENTAL SECURITY INCOME is a federal financial assistance program which pays people in financial need who are age 65 or over, blind or disabled. SSI recipients automatically receive Medi-Cal but are ineligible for CalFresh. Original and duplicate Social Security cards are issued.
- Website: https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/
- Phone(s): (800) 325-0778, (800) 772-1213
- Hours: 24/7 Online Hours
- Eligibility: Must be 65 or older or have a stated disability.
- Requirements: No information has been provided by Agency
- United States