Service Name: Job Placement Assistance to Day Laborers and Domestic Workers
Organization Name: THE MULTICULTURAL INSTITUTE
- Description: Offers programs to help the immigrant community with different needs. Programs include:
- MENTORING FOR ACADEMIC SUCCESS (MAS): After school tutoring for public school students and the summer
- DAY LABORER PROGRAM: Program helps economically disadvantaged immigrants develop life skills to self-sufficiency. This is done by providing job-placement assistance, health services, education and advocacy.
- GED PREPARATION IN SPANISH: Prepares adults for Spanish-language GED.
- BUSINESS SKILL DEVELOPMENT: Offers Spanish-language intensive short-term courses to build business skills.
- Website: https://www.mionline.org
- Phone(s): 510-848-4075
- Hours: Mon 9am - 5pm; Tue 9am - 5pm; Wed 9am - 5pm; Thu 9am - 5pm; Fri 9am - 5pm;
- Eligibility: Open to all.
- Requirements: None
- Alameda United States
- Rigoberto Calocarivas, Executive Director